Monday, June 22, 2009

Walking Facts You Didn't Know & Other Stuff


According to the Washington State Podiatric Medical Association:

  • On average, every minute of walking can extend your life by 1.5 to two minutes.

  • The average person walks about 115,000 miles in a lifetime—more than four times the circumference of the globe.

  • A brisk walk can burn up to 100 calories per mile or 300 calories per hour.

  • Walking is one of the best exercises for your feet because it contributes to circulation, helps maintain weight control and promotes overall health.

In other news.....my car was broken into yesterday at work. It was unlocked, so technically, I don't suppose it was really "broken into". From what I can tell, nothing was taken. The scary part is that I can see my car from my desk. That means that they could see me too! Whoever the scum bag that rummaged through my car, did it between 9 and 12 yesterday morning when I was here by myself. I called the police and filed a report anyway, just in case I realize later that I'm missing something. Grrrrrrrrr!


Only 12 miles left of my 20 mile goal! Sarah and I walked again last night and will again for the next 3 nights.


Git.R.Dun



2 comments:

  1. Nah...nothing that I know of. The officer left her # in case something comes up missing though.

    ReplyDelete