Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Marc and I rode our bikes on Saturday. We rode 7 miles. Holy crap...I thought I was gonna die, but I finished! I had to stop a couple of times along the way, but I was determined! That Swamp Rabbit Trail has some crazy inclines. You don't realize it until you start pedaling up 'em!
I'm down another pound....192.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
We had sushi last night. It was awesome. It wasn't until the last year or so that I'd even touch the stuff. I also had a mixed drink and a glass of wine. Not the sort of thing a diet is made of, I know. I have been exercising. I plan to ride my bike tonight. I didn't pay all that $$ for it to sit in the garage. Guilt is a wonderful thing sometimes.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
I made some turkey spaghetti yesterday. I thought it was decent, but Marc only rated it a 5. Of course it isn't going to be as good as ground beef spaghetti, but it was definitely better than a Lean Cuisine!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
There's something else that's been bugging me lately. It irritates me when I see people who say that they want to lose weight, but then don't really try. They half ass it. I know that I've been there/done that myself. Who am I to judge?? It's all a mind thing. You have to resolve in your mind that you're going to REALLY DO IT and then REALLY DO IT! I'm working on not being irritated at people in my life for half assing it. I don't know what else to do, but to encourage them and to offer tips that have helped me. Until they make that commitment to themselves, I don't suppose there is really anything else I CAN do.
Gosh, that makes me sound so snarky and judgemental. I'm not...I swear!
Edited to add: I started to delete this post, because it really isn't fair for me to be irritated at all. Weight loss is HARD and I shouldn't judge or make assessments about anyone in their weight loss journey. I hope that I haven't stepped on any one's toes or hurt any feelings. If I have, I am truly sorry.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Todd & Abby
Janice & Marc (he ALWAYS throws the finger in photos...ALWAYS)
Marc (working his cooking magic) and Sarah
Sarah (talking to Andrew, who was late & why he's absent from the pics)
Monday, July 13, 2009
In fatass news, I ate some fried mushrooms and a ton o' peanuts on Friday and yesterday was the first time I exercised since last Tuesday. The scale says I'm up 2 pounds. I'm not worried about it. Not even a little bit. I'm back in my groove now and I'm only looking forward.
We had a few friends over on Saturday. I served some of those Guiltless Gourmet chips and salsa and they scarfed them down in no time. I also picked up some low fat Black Bean and Chipotle dip at Publix that was a big hit too. I wasn't going to buy full fat chips & dip because I knew that I'd be WAY tempted. Turned out they loved the low fat stuff anyway! I took a few pics. I'll try and post them tomorrow.
Friday, July 10, 2009
I haven't walked since Tuesday night, but I have lost another pound....I'm down to 196! :)
Hopefully next week, I'll get back into my walking groove and things will get back to normal!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
2. I despise Oprah. I also despise anyone affiliated with Oprah. That includes Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, and whoever that BFF is of hers....Gayle? It irritates me to no end when people take what Oprah says as the gospel. Oprah thinks her sh*t don't stank. Yeah...I'm pretty sure it does.
3. I say "Yes, Sir" and "Yes, Ma'am". You rarely hear that said much anymore (even in the South). If I had children, I'd teach them to say it. I tried to teach my dogs to say it, but they just looked at me crooked and then licked their butts.
4. Cornbread isn't worth eating unless it's cooked in a cast iron skillet.
5. I played softball from the 4th grade until my freshman year in college. My senior year in high school I won MVP. I missed the award ceremony because of a boy.
6. I don't care who you are, I'm not going to kiss your ass.
7. In 2001, a cyst the size of a large grapefruit consumed my left ovary and I had surgery to remove it.
8. I have a B.A. degree in Elem. Education. I taught K5 for a short time. I soon realized that I hated it. I have never regretted not using my degree.
9. I know how to make (can) bread & butter pickles.
10. No one can read the Sunday paper before me. As I read it, it as to be stacked "just so". If it's not stacked correctly, I can't continue to read the rest of the paper.
11. Once the fire dept. was dispatched to my house. Apparently, when you're cooking frozen pizza, you're supposed to remove the brown cardboard the pizza sits on before you cook it. Who knew?
12. I am not ashamed of being a Southerner or of my Southern accent. Anyone is who ashamed should be beat about the face with a wet carp.
Me - January 2008
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
I walked last night by myself. I started at a different part of the trail for a change of scenery. I walked part of the trail and then around Furman Lake. My pedometer said it was only 3 miles though. It started raining on me and it was getting late so I headed home. I wasn't digging walking by myself last night either, because at that time they had not announced that they'd caught the Gaffney serial killer dude yet. (FYI...Gaffney is about an hour away from me). Close enough for me to get the willies about walking alone! Good thing I don't do that often.
I lost another pound............I'm at 197.
That is all.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Yesterday morning, we went out to breakfast (which we NEVER do). I actually had willpower and only had a bowl of grits and some toast. Marc wasn't so strong. He had a heart attack on a plate, which pretty much consisted of eggs, hashbrowns, biscuits & gravy. I'm sure it had bacon or sausage too. I couldn't look at it much or else I would have wanted to eat it all and then lick the plate. That's just how I roll.
I came within a gnat's hair of going to Bruster's and getting a double scoop of Butter Pecan Ice Cream last night, but I didn't. Holidays do that kind of crap to me! They suck you in and make you think that it's ok to cheat!
The posse and I walked last night. My foot is better, but it's not 100%. I'm thinking of buying another bike. The last bike I had, I returned to Walmart. It was a beach cruiser and Marc said it was a heavy bike. Also, the gears didn't change right, although Marc said it was just "user error". Whatever...maybe he's right. Anyway, I'm still debating on getting another one. The one I had was definitely a cheapie and it really was heavy, compared to the bike he has. I worry that I'll be huffing it up some of the hills on the trail. I huff up the hills when I walk. Will it be easier or harder on a bike?
Friday, July 3, 2009
I'm going sometime this weekend to buy myself some new workout clothes. I've been wearing some regular capris and I really need something a cooler. The heat is bad enough, but the humidity, is a killer. Gotta love the South, y'all!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
.....I lost another pound. I'm down to 198. I walked an extra mile or so last night, but hurt my foot in the process. I don't know what I did to it, but it almost feels like a non-stop cramp across the top of my foot. I've had this same hurt a few months back. It healed on it's on when I stayed off my foot, so I guess I need to ease up on the walking for a few days.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Sarah and I walked last night. Cindy, my best friend from high school joined us. That was the first time I had talked with her in about 4 years. We caught up with each other and had some laughs. We talked about new stuff and about old times. I can't believe that we have been out of high school 20 years. 20 YEARS. I'm frickin' old.
Did I mention that I'm in ONDERLAND!?!? Being 199 is awesome! I'm loving it!