Monday, July 6, 2009

Holiday Weekends Are H.A.R.D.!

I'm pleased to say that the 2 pounds that I "gained" from eating the Mexican food on Thursday is gone. I'm also pleased to say that I didn't gain any from the long holiday weekend. I want to compare this weekend to a mine field. First, being off 3 days in a row, put me out of my routine. Having a hurt foot, put me out of my exercise groove. Marc and I went to a cook out at his Dad's house on the 4th. I did fairly well until someone poked a plate of nanner pudding in my face. It was HOMEMADE BANANA PUDDING, Y'ALL. I couldn't turn it down, because that would just be bad manners, and my Mama taught me better than that! :)

Yesterday morning, we went out to breakfast (which we NEVER do). I actually had willpower and only had a bowl of grits and some toast. Marc wasn't so strong. He had a heart attack on a plate, which pretty much consisted of eggs, hashbrowns, biscuits & gravy. I'm sure it had bacon or sausage too. I couldn't look at it much or else I would have wanted to eat it all and then lick the plate. That's just how I roll.

I came within a gnat's hair of going to Bruster's and getting a double scoop of Butter Pecan Ice Cream last night, but I didn't. Holidays do that kind of crap to me! They suck you in and make you think that it's ok to cheat!

The posse and I walked last night. My foot is better, but it's not 100%. I'm thinking of buying another bike. The last bike I had, I returned to Walmart. It was a beach cruiser and Marc said it was a heavy bike. Also, the gears didn't change right, although Marc said it was just "user error". Whatever...maybe he's right. Anyway, I'm still debating on getting another one. The one I had was definitely a cheapie and it really was heavy, compared to the bike he has. I worry that I'll be huffing it up some of the hills on the trail. I huff up the hills when I walk. Will it be easier or harder on a bike?


2 comments:

  1. Homemade banana pudding? Good lord, you're only human...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to you to for navigating the July 4th landmines!! I'm proud of you and you sure did better than I did!!

    ReplyDelete