Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Low Motivation......

I don't know where my motivation went, but if you find it, let me know. I haven't exercised since last Wednesday. I FULLY intended to ride my bike this weekend, but that didn't happen. I found an excuse not to go last night too. Last Friday did show that I had lost another pound....down to 193. I weighed this morning and it said 195 though. Whatever. I don't really believe I gained 2 pounds over the weekend.

I'm really enjoying riding my bike (when I'm not making excuses not to), but I REALLY want to try running. I don't know why. I don't think I could run from here to the mailbox without being winded, plus I know that I'd have to invest in a really good sports bra to keep the girls (.)(.) in check before I could feel comfortable doing it anyway. It seems that everybody in the world is doing the Couch to 5k program, so I guess I guess perhaps that's where I should start. I've had the app. downloaded on my phone for about a year now anyway. I think it's just something that I want to say that I'm able to do and to check off my list. I want to be an athlete again. I'm tired of being the squabby fat chick on the sidelines.



1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the Couch to 5K program. I've heard lots of good things about it!

    Sometimes you just need to yell at yourself to take that first step (or just sit on the bike). Once you get going, you'll find the motivation to keep going. But trust me, I've had plenty of yelling matches with myself and the exercise wins out 99% of the time.

    ReplyDelete