Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back On The Weight Loss Train

It's been a while, but I'm back on the weight loss train again. Spring is here and I can finally get out and exercise again. I tried exercising on my treadmill, but I hate that machine with a passion. Even with watching TV or listening to my Ipod, it's torture. So, now that Spring is back, I can get outside again and actually do something fun! I have been walking off and on (as weather permits) for a few weeks now. I rode my bike at Furman last night. 3 times around the lake = 3.75 miles. I should have gone an extra lap and made it an even 5 miles. Last Fall, I leveled out at about 186. Since that time, I've gained about 6-8 pounds, depending on what kind of mood my scale is in. This morning I weighed in at 195. My goal is to lose another 30 pounds this Summer, which will put me in the 160's. With Marc not doing his weight loss competition at work (like he did last year), I think that it's going to be harder for me, but we'll see. It was certainly easier to lose weight when I had someone to do it with. If he's going to be eating chili-cheeseburgers all the time, I'm going to be tempted, fo sho!

I recently created a weight loss buddy group on Facebook that consists of some of my old high school friends. We're hoping that we can motivate and encourage each other, because we ALL know that weight loss is HARD! I'm excited about it!

So....here I go again. Round 2.....ding ding! 30 pounds...you're going DOWN!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for coming out of hibernation! ;) Look forward to losing the weight with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! You go, girlie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete